Friday, August 3, 2012

Introduction

Aloha readers! My name is Erin and I'm currently a Shidler College of Business student at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (UHM). We have a wonderful program here called the Manoa International Exchange (MIX) program, which allows us to choose from about 20 different countries to study abroad in. I chose to do a one year program in Seoul, South Korea at Yonsei University (연세대학교). I leave in less than two weeks, so I'm getting super excited!!

As I'm sure many of you have guessed, I chose Korea mainly because of its pop culture. I absolutely love the dramas and LOVE the music (hence the myluv4mu5ic)! For the past couple years, I have been studying Korean at UHM and find the culture fascinating. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the classroom and experiencing this country firsthand.

I've always loved the excitement of traveling and experiencing new cultures. Luckily, I was chosen for the Freeman Scholarship and given $5000 to use for my international exchange program experience! Thank you so very much to Mr. Freeman and Mrs. Freeman for this wonderful opportunity. You are seriously giving me the opportunity of a lifetime!

I guess that's all for now. I'll update you later with more information about the process of applying and some dates. Till then!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment