Sunday, August 19, 2012

Finally Here!!

So it's only been a few days since I arrived in Korea and I already know that this year is gonna be fun! There is so much to do here and the nightlife is amazing. There is always something to do and tons of people walking around. Many stores and restaurants stay open pretty late (11ish, but I've heard that some are open almost all night). If you're looking for something fun to do at night, there are tons of bars, clubs, and karaoke (노래방)! I heard that because everyone works during the day, most places open later and stay open really late too.

I arrived here about a week before the 연세대학교 (Yonsei University) dorms open, so I'm staying at a the Kimchi Hostel until then. It's in 홍대 (Hongdae), which is fairly close to my university. Thankfully, my friends and I have a native Korean friend who is helping us out. 고마워요, 소담 언니 Thank you Sodam!! She is AMAZING. She's been showing us around, helping us move in, and she's even willing to help us get phones and bank accounts!

Pizza from Mr. Pizza. It's endorsed by a K-Pop
group called 2PM, so you get a discount if you go
at 2pm. :)
팥빙수 (pat-bing-soo) 
Food is very cheap. We usually spend about $5-10 per person. Also, there's no tipping!

I also visited 연세 (Yonsei) today. The campus is so pretty. It's very green yet modern, or as my friend John called it, "fancy".


1 comment: