Saturday, October 6, 2012

Yonsei Pride

Earlier I mentioned something about 연고전 (Yonko games). So every September there is a huge two-day competition between Yonsei University and Korea University, but it's also supposed to be about good sportsmanship and friendship too. It's a really big deal and some professors even cancel class because they know that everyone will be going to the games. They play a total of 5 sports: baseball, basketball, ice hockey, rugby, and soccer. However, everyone in the audience doesn't seem to really pay attention to the games. Everyone just does nonstop cheering for the ENTIRE time! I have no idea how the players are even able to concentrate. It's a lot of fun though and you get a chance to bond with other students. 
On the last day of the competition, f(x) came to perform at Yonsei and everyone celebrated all night. Unfortunately, I missed out. But I had a good reason!!

My friends and I went to a SISTAR concert later that night. If you have the chance to go to an actual K-Pop concert, I definitely recommend that you do! They really put a lot of effort into making their concerts fun and do performances that you can't see anywhere else. They even sang songs by Madonna, Beyonce, 2PM, and Big Bang!

No comments:

Post a Comment